piano tuning services | piano tuning cost
$195 covers a minor pitch raise (which I will explain when you call) and a tuning.
My more inclusive price is $245 + tax. The price of just $50 additional over my basic tuning price is a bargain. This will include the following piano services:
- A larger pitch raise up to 1/4 step.
- Clean the key tops.
- Adjust the pedals.
- Tighten the bench leg nuts, grand leg bolts, hinge screws and other case screws.
- Above are some loose hinge screws in a bench which I will tighten.
- On verticals remove the bottom board behind the pedals. Check the condition of the 2 bridges, soundboard and the pedal assemblies. Report any problems. See pic below for broken pedal.
- Check the case hardware and tighten screws as needed.
- On grands remove the end blocks and fallboard and adjust the key upstop rail hold down nuts if needed. Often the nuts get loose which can cause problems with the keys. Adjust the hammer rail nuts if it has one and tighten. Tighten the hammer flange screws at no charge on grands. On verticals and grands adjust and tighten the key upstop rail nuts.
- I can vacuum out the bottom area of verticals and also around the action and key areas.
- Above. This is what could be lying under your piano keys. Remove paper clips, money, stars and dirt. I can vacuum all that out.
- On the above keys some small rodents had found some seeds or nuts and transported them to their new home under the keys. I vacuumed them out. All the keys have to be removed to get it all out. This kind of thing happens mostly with vertical pianos in my experience. Removing all the keys is an extra cost.
- On grand pianos clean and vacuum off the soundboard area including the plate, tuning pin area and damper heads. Some grands may require extra work around the tuning pins which costs extra.
Other Work Offered at additional cost
- Most repairs