- Don’t place the piano under an out-vent or have one behind the piano.
- Sunlight can cause premature checking of a lacquer finish and harm other finishes as well. Such heat is not good for the glue joints and sunlight on a soundboard is very big no no.
- If you see indications of rodents near a piano, ask me to install some type of poison control inside the piano. Mice like to make nests under the keys and they use your piano’s felts to do so.
- If you must store a piano, it is absolutely necessary to have storage that is climate controlled. Some piano movers also have proper storage available.
- I have installed many humidity control systems in verticals and grands. They are a great investment and you could think of them as property insurance. Properly installed they can extend the life of a piano. They can keep your piano better in tune and functioning at a higher level.